Thursday 24 February 2011

Glenstal Reading

I have an attachment to Glenstal Abbey I can only barely explain. I went there the year my Nana died. It was summer. That is the only time I have been there. A family friend is the Master of Novices there -  I do not know him well. But, he has always held our family close to his heart.

Glenstal Abbey is a Benedictine Monastery in Ireland, btw.

The reason I mention it is because I have a book called 'The Glenstal Book of Readings for the Seasons', which is, quite simply, genius. I intend to read it again this coming Lent through till Easter.  I mention it now because I think it is worth getting hold of before the beginning of Lent. It is not expensive, and has some really brilliant theological thoughts. I will probably use the thoughts therein as a structure to whatever I post in Lent. Just saying. :)

No comments: